Social Media Competition for Berkshire Choral International
August 15, 2016
Additional Submission Details:
Interested in parties should submit a video directly to the Berkshire Choral International’s Facebook page and tag Berkshire Choral International. Videos should include a brief introduction with a description of the contestant’s name, performance piece and voice type. Videos may be no longer than three (3) minutes in length.
Eligibility and Official Rules and Regulations:
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION.
TO ENTER, YOU MUST READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LOCATED IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Berkshire Choral International (BCI) Singing Competition (the “Competition”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (except Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Singers, apprentices and any individuals who have attended a previous session with BCI are not eligible to participate. BCI reserves the right to disqualify any entry, for whatever reason, including, but not limited to, a perceived or actual conflict of interest.
2. Agreement to these Rules, Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). By participating in this Promotion, each entrant (“Entrant”) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an Entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor may at any time revise these Terms, and Entrants shall be bound by any such revisions.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION.
4. COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for this Competition begins
9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on September 1. 2016 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on November 1, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). BCI’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Competition. The Competition is composed of a single selection process that will not occur until all submissions have been reviewed. All eligible entries received during the entry period will be eligible to win, as applicable and in accordance with these Official Rules. The Day on which a particular submission is received will not impact the chances of being selected as the winner of the Competition.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner will be selected following review by BCI’s designated judges. Upon filling out all required form fields and submitting a video, entrants will be entered into the Competition (each, an “Entry”) and be eligible to win a free week with BCI in Asheville, North Carolina. BCI reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that, or entrant who, does not comply with these Official Rules. No cash equivalent or substitution of the additional entry will be offered. A winner will be selected and notified on or before the first of the year, 2017.
BCI will make reasonable efforts to notify the applicable winners via Facebook messenger. The winner may be required to sign and return BCI’s Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”), within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification. If the winner cannot be contacted within three (6) calendar days of first notification attempt, if the winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Competition rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Except where prohibited by law, the winner further grants to the Competition the right to use the prize winner’s name, photograph, voice, submission video and city of residence for purposes of advertising or promoting and publicizing the efforts and activities of the BCI and the Competition without further consideration and to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of the winners of the Competition.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: No cash equivalent or substitution of the prize is offered. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable and has no cash value. By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to these Official Rules which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, or if this Competition is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, BCI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Competition, and to conduct a random drawing to select the winner from all non-suspect entries received prior to such action, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by BCI.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by BCI or Competition parties resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Competition or download of any information in connection with participating in the Competition. No liability or responsibility is assumed by BCI or Competition parties for technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Competition, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of any website associated with the Competition, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestions on the Internet or any website associated with the Competition; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Competition, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Competition, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Competition. BCI is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on any Website associated with the Competition. Use of any Website associated with the Competition is at entrant’s own risk. Released parties (defined below) are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to entrant’s or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Competition, use of the website or the download of any information from the website. By participating in the Competition, the entrant agrees to resolve any dispute individually, without resort to any class action. Except if winner is a resident of TN, or where prohibited by law, by accepting prize, Winner grants permission for BCI and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
By participating in the competition, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless BCI, the competition parties and Facebook Inc., their advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “released parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any competition-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Each entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the released parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the competition, and in no event shall the released parties be liable for attorneys’ fees, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages and each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever.
8. WINNER LIST/RULES REQUEST: The Winner of the Competition will be disclosed on BCI’s social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as on their official website. No announcement will be made until the selected winner accepts their prize.
9. Void Where Prohibited. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void in the state of Rhode Island and where prohibited or limited by law.
SPONSOR: Berkshire Choral International, Inc. 245 North Undermountain Road Sheffield, MA 01257
THIS COMPETITION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK AND ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE COMPETITION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO BCI AT THE COMPETITION ADDRESS, NOT FACEBOOK.